SabbathBuy this book now »
Sabbath: The Gift of Rest explores eight biblical passages with their theological and practical themes that undergird the practice of sabbath keeping. The studies in this guide cover what sabbath is and how to practice it. The guide may be used for individual or group study.
What is the sabbath? A weekly day of rest and worship. A day to rejoice in abundance. A day to practice thankfulness. A day to slow down, take a deep breath, step aside from work and worries, and let the world go on without us, knowing that God is caring for everyone and everything. The studies in this guide will help you to learn more about what sabbath is and how to practice it. More people of all ages are finding the sabbath to be a gift from God that brings a renewed awareness of who God is and who we are as God's beloved children. Come and discover God's gift of rest.
Sabbath: The Gift of Rest is one of the highly respected LifeGuide Bible Study Guides published by InterVarsity Press. This Bible study guide is an excellent companion volume to Sabbath Keeping: Finding Freedom in the Rhythms of Rest.
Table of Contents
- An Invitation to Relax in Abundance Genesis 1:1 – 2:3
- An Invitation to Stop Working Exodus 16:1-30
- Finding Refreshment in the Beauty of Creation Exodus 20:8-11
- Discovering Delight in the Sabbath Isaiah 58:13-14
- A Gift for Us Mark 2:23-28
- We are Valuable and Precious Matthew 12:9-14
- Freed from Bondage Luke 13:10-17
- The Gift of Grace Ephesians 2:1-10